Whitby dentist offers Invisalign clear orthodontics
Straight teeth are naturally attractive. They also contribute to oral wellness, reducing risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Today, teens and adults can get straighter teeth without obvious bands, brackets, and wires, at Trinity Family Dental in Whitby. Invisalign is a different concept in orthodontics, using virtually transparent aligners.
Traditional braces move teeth with pressure applied through tightened wires guided by brackets. The Invisalign system consists of a series of rigid clear plastic aligners. They progressively move teeth into proper position with gentle low force.
Treatment begins with a thorough consultation and oral examination. If you are a good candidate for Invisalign, 3D digital impressions are taken of your mouth. A computer program turns the data into a treatment plan. You can see, on a computer monitor, how your smile will transform.
Aligners are precisely fabricated with 3D printing technology. You wear a set for about two weeks, then advance to the next set. At brief six-week rechecks the dentist monitors your straightening progress, adjusting the treatment schedule as needed. Each patient is different, but with good compliance, a typical treatment plan can be completed in about 12 months.
- Most patients adapt relatively quickly to inserting aligners and drinking water and speaking with them in place.
- Aligners are not noticeable. Most people won’t know you are straightening unless they look very closely.
- Invisalign is made of smooth, comfortable plastic, with no wires or hardware to irritate your mouth.
- Aligners are removable. It is important to wear them for 20 to 22 hours a day, but you take them out for normal eating.
- Since aligners are removable, you brush and floss as usual. The system does not increase the risk of tooth decay or gum disease, and you don’t have to use a water flosser.
- There is minimal risk of enamel damage, since aligners are not cemented to teeth.
- You can see improvement as it occurs, rather than waiting for braces to come off.
Are you ready to learn more about the contemporary way to get straight, attractive teeth? Call Trinity Family Dental in Whitby at 905-579-5551 to schedule an Invisalign consultation with Dr. Vig or Dr. Thakkar.